Friday, May 4, 2007

A letter to my family RE shingles and some faultless logic.



I have Shingles:
Why you might ask? Because God thought it wasn't right that Scott had some creepy disease (scabies) no one else had... and that I, not Scott, am the one that supposed to have the freaky diseases. And I probably also have them because shingles is a Herpes Simplex thing and I made Scott that T-shirt for Xmas (just after the Scabies incident) that says 'at least it's not Herpes'. The mocking tone of my T-shirts have now come back to bite me in the ass - well, biting me in the ass and everywhere else.
Since I also JUST finished a course of Anti-virals for the Herpes Cold Sores that were on my FACE or 'fold sores' (face cold sores) as I have termed them, I (unlike Scott who got away with a dose of cream) actually WILL have to take the Herpes pills every day for at least 3 months to see if we can't get all this shit to FUCKING clear up.... Stupid Herpes.
So: mom, dad, loving brother Scotty, and friends.... you are welcome to recount the embarrassing stories of my life around the water-cooler for your entertainment as long as you include the fact there does remain one very, very important place that has not, by SOME miracle, contracted Herpes. I guess whatever higher power is out there (if there is one, or just by pure happenstance my oh-so atheist mommy) figures that no one will sleep with me based on the shingles and fold sores alone, so giving me genital herpes would just be a waste of time and energy. And this way is SO much more insulting.

Love you,
Sarah

No comments: